3.21.2011

fresh inspiration

Hi, Friends! I wanted to let you know that I've updated my "sites I love" page with some new links. I've been browsing through foodgawker and the interwebs lately looking for fresh inspiration. I'm pretty picky about what I keep in my blogroll, but these sites have been added to my reading list [and I thought you might enjoy reading them too!] For a blog to keep me coming back, the photos have to be gorgeous, the recipes have to be drool-worthy, and the writing has to be entertaining. These blogs deliver on all 3 points. Below is a sampling of recipes I'm itching to try out...



Ginger, Orange, and Chocolate Biscotti from Emma at Poires au Chocolat. I've never attempted biscotti before, but I love the flavors of orange and dark chocolate together. And I love ginger. And I love biscotti. So I'm pretty sure I would love these.


One-Bowl Vanilla Cupcakes for Two from Jessica at How Sweet It Is. Seriously, how many times do you want cupcakes but don't want the hassle of making a full batch? [That will just sit around your house and beg to be eaten... all by you?]


Irish Potato Candy from Joy the Baker: I've lived near Philadelphia for over 3 years now, but have never heard of these traditional St Patty's treats before. I know the holiday has passed, but these little coconut candies rolled in cocoa and powdered sugar look too good to wait a full year to try. Maybe I'll make them pink and call them Easter Eggs?


Speaking of eggs... check out these Dippy Eggs and Soldiers from G at Kiss my Spatula: Eggs and toast never looked so classy. Usually I prefer my eggs over-easy, but the idea of dipping my toast into a little egg cup just sounds worth the trouble of figuring out how to soft-boil an egg.


And finally... Broccoli Salad from Mary the Food Librarian. Yes, I know. Broccoli. Not what you would expect to find me lusting after. Let me explain: this salad looks like the same recipe as the broccoli salad I eat at Whole Foods nearly every time I go there. And it has bacon. And onions. And mayo. Girl cannot live on cake pops alone! [And don't worry... Mary has many delectable baked goods as well, and can do some pretty amazing things with jello!]

Happy reading!

1 comment:

  1. Nice Blog...
    Thanks for sharing with us.
    If you want the best tips aboout food photography then you can meet the best Food Photographer in London Miss Maini at eat Drink Flash Company.

    ReplyDelete